August 26, 2022 | By Commander Vimal Nagpal (retired), Naval Aviation and Aerospace Industry Expert at Gravitas
Continued from Part I:
Air shows around the world
As noted in the previous post, airshows are held across the globe in different Air Seasons, some of the noteworthy prominent shows among others are listed below:
1. Aero India: Biennial Airshow held in Bangalore India
2. Africa Aerospace and Defense Exhibition: held once every two years in South Africa.
3. Asian Aerospace held in Singapore
4. Bournemouth Air Festival: Annual feature at Dorset Bournemouth, ground stalls, and air displays
5. CAF: Largest Warbird show held in Taxes in October
6. China International Aviation & Aerospace Exhibition: Largest airshow in China
7. Dubai Aero show: Held in November in the odd-numbered year
8. Farnborough Air Show: One of the largest ones that occurs every even year at Farnborough Airport
9. Paris Airshow: Le Bourget Airshow claims to be the oldest show held normally in June in odd-numbered years
10. Singapore Airshow: held in February at Changi Exhibition Centre once in even-numbered years.
11. Canadian International Air show: held in Toronto It is Canada's Largest and long-running airshow
12. Boeing Seafarer Show
13. Chicago Air & Water show
14. MAKS: MAK is the biggest airshow aerospace trade show in Russia
The Farnborough Airshow is one of the largest international air shows. It is organized every even year at Farnborough Airport, UK.
It has been my privilege to attend Aero India in Bangalore, the Le- Bourget Paris Air show, Farnborough Airshow, and the Bournemouth Air festival.
Many OEMs, equipment suppliers of aircraft, helicopters, and weapon manufacturers put their stalls to showcase their capabilities. Special business days, which generally are the first few days, where potential public and private sector clients connect with the aviation industry firms to understand the trends and new developments across different countries, and manufacturers. They hold meetings to move forward to have MOUs, NDAs, and eventually sign contracts.
The last one or two days are marked for the general public and aviation enthusiasts who throng in large numbers to witness air displays, aerobatics, and other aviation-related activities.
There are five major manufacturers of civil transport aircraft as below:
Prominent rotary aircraft manufacturers and models:
1. Sikorsky CH-53K King Stallion (USA)
2. Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey (USA)
3. Eurocopter EC 725 (France)
4. AgustaWestland AW-101 (Italy / United Kingdom)
5. NHI NH90 (Netherlands / France / Italy / Germany)
6. MIL Mi-26 (Russia)
7. Boeing CH-47F Chinook (USA)
8. MIL Mi-38 (Russia)
Throughout their global network of specialized parts, the suppliers support the requirements of manufacturers throughout the lifecycle - from the initial design to final assembly in their manufacturing plants.
In our next post, we will explore the impact of the Russia - Ukraine conflict on the Aviation industry.
About the author
Commander Vimal Nagpal is a retired Naval veteran with over 35 years of experience in Aerospace, Business Development, Operations, and Leadership.
Vimal believes in leading from the front and leveraging his strong acumen for developing teams for business growth. During his career in the Navy and the commercial sector, Vimal has set up and led new organizations, establishing strategic plans, procedures, and operations successfully. Vimal is the Aerospace Industry expert at Gravitas Consulting.
Gravitas Consulting helps clients across industries, leveraging cross-industry best practices, opportunities, and outcomes. We bring deep experience in the retail, consumer packaged goods, quick service restaurant industries (QSR), and aerospace industries.
To learn more visit us at: www.gravitasconsulting.com/industries